Bored of same recipes of cauliflower? Try this spicy yet tangy recipe of cauliflower.
Since childhood my mom’s recipe diary has been my personal favourite, where she keeps jotting down recipes in her own style. When you are in need, some mouth watering, easy yet delicious recipes would come out of it. This recipe is one such, directly out from her diary.
- Cauliflower (small florets)- 2cups
- Coriander powder-1tbsp+1tbsp
- Red Chilly Powder-1tbsp+1tbsp
- Turmeric Powder-1tbsp
- Salt-to taste
- Onion(chopped)- 1cup
- Ginger paste-1tsp
- Green chilly-2-3pcs
- Whisked Yogurt-1/4cup
- Garam Masala Powder-1tbsp
- Coriander- for garnishing
- Marinade the cauliflower florets with 1tbsp coriander powder, 1tbsp red chilly powder, 1tbsp turmeric powder, vinegar and salt for 4-5hours.
- Take 2tbsp oil in a pan, fry marinated cauliflower. Keep aside
- In the same pan, add another 1tbsp oil, add onion.
- Fry till it is pink in colour.
- Add ginger paste, stir.
- Add fried cauliflower.
- Add all the dry masalas, except garam masala powder.
- At this stage you will see oil separating from cauliflower.
- Add whisked yogurt, keep stirring.
- Add green chillies, mix.
- Add garam masala, give it a good stir.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Serve hot with roti or paratha.