- Black Pomfret- 4-5pieces
- Grated coconut-1/2cup
- Tamarind-1small size
- Turmeric powder-1tsp
- Dry red chillies- 4-5pcs
- Coriander seeds-1/2tsp
- Chpped onion-1/2cup
- Turmeric powder-1tbsp
- Red chilly powder-1/2tbsp
- Salt-to taste
- Marinade the fish for half an hour.
- Grind grated coconut, turmeric powder, tamarind, peppercorns, coriander seeds and dry red chillies.
- Take 1tsp oil in pan, fry the fish. (If you want, you can avoid this step. But I fried it)
- Take 1tsp oil in pan, add onions, fry till brown in colour. Add the paste, stir.
- Add 1/2cup water, stir.
- Add fish and cook on medium flame for 15min.
- The gravy should neither be too thick nor too thin.
- Serve it with steam rice.