Crème caramel or caramel pudding is a custard dessert with a layer of pudding with a soft caramel top. The dish is eaten throughout the world. try out this simple dish in pressure cooker.
- Vanilla extract-2.5ml
- First prepare the caramel: In a small heavy sauce pan, combine 100gm of sugar with 60ml water. Place it on low flame and stir till sugar is completely dissolved. After the sugar is dissolved, increase the flame to medium. Bring to boil and cook till syrup t urns deep golden in colour. Remove pan from heat, and pour it in a 1ltr pudding mold (or any steel or aluminium vessel that will go inside the cooker). Turn the mold and coat caramel evenly on all 3 sides of the mold.
- Warm milk and allow to cool slightly.
- In a bowl whisk, eggs, vanilla and remaining sugar. Gradually add milk stirring continuously.
- Pour milk mixture in caramel coated mold. Cover it with aluminium foil.
- Pour remaining water in cooker, place a grid and place the mold on grid.
- Close the cooker. Remove the whistle. Bring to full pressure on high heat, and then reduce the heat, cook for 10min.
- Remove cooker from heat. Allow it to cool naturally.
- Open cooker, remove and uncover the mold (custard will continue to settle to set as it cools). Allow to cool in room temperature. Keep in refrigerator for 2hours.
- Place a serving dish, make sure it is big enough to accomodate caramel sauce.
- Invert it on the dish, shake gently to release.
- Serve cold.