Muitha is a very traditional Bengali dish. The ground fish is mixed with spices, made into balls and fried. These fried dumplings are then cooked in rich gravy and served with rice. Generally it is prepared with Chitol mach or clown knifefish, but I tried preparing it with prawns. Do try out this simple yet delicious recipe.
- Prawn- 5-6big pcs
- Boiled Potato-1pc
- Ginger paste-1tsp +1tsp
- Onion- 3tbsp (chopped)
- Green Chillies-3-4pcs
- Salt-to taste
- Tomato paste-1tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1tsp
- Red chilly powder-1tsp
- Cumin seed-1tsp
- Water-as required
- Garam Masala powder-1tsp
- First, prepare the muithas. In a blender, blend prawn, 1pc garlic and 1tsp ginger paste.
- In a bowl, take the paste, add boiled potat0, 1tbsp chopped onion,2pc green chillies and salt. It will be little sticky.
- Take oil in kadai, warm it, take 1tsp of the above batter,and put it in oil, fry both sides.
- Keep the muithas aside.
- In the same oil, add cumin seed, 2tbsp chopped onion, 1tsp ginger paste, fry.
- Add tomato paste, fry. Add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, stir. Make sure the masalas don’t get burnt. Add little water, fry.
- Add little more water (according to your desired gravy consistency). Add muithas. Allow it to boil.
- Add garam masala and serve hot with white rice.