You must have tried karahi chicken, karahi paneer and karahi mushroom. But have you tried karahi fish? Do try this simple yet delicious karahi fish recipe.
- Fish Fillet(cut in cubes)- 8-10pcs
- Bay leaf-2pcs
- Cinnamon-1/4of whole piece
- Green Cardamom-3pcs
- Chopped onion-1/2cup
- Tomato puree-1/4cup
- Ginger paste-1tsp
- Garlic paste-1tsp
- Kashmiri red chilly powder-2tsp
- Coriander powder-2tsp
- Cumin powder-1tsp
- Turmeric powder-1tsp
- Kasuri methi-2tsp(roast it and then grind it)
- Lemon juice-1/2tsp
- Coriander-for garnishing
- Julienne ginger-for garnishing
- Salt-to taste
- First warm 4-5tbsp oil.
- Marinade the fish cubes with salt for 5-10min, fry them lightly.
- In a kadai, add 2tbsp oil, add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon and green cardamom.
- Add chopped onion, fry till pink in colour.
- Add tomato puree, ginger paste and garlic paste.
- Stir continuously on low flame.
- Add kashmiri red chilly powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, salt and kasuri methi, fry. It will get dry, add water, stir. Cover and allow it to cook.
- Add fried fish, mix well.
- Switch off the flame. Add lemon juice, mix.
- Garnish with coriander and julienne ginger and enjoy!