The word biryani is an Urdu word derived from the Persian language. It is basically a complete meal prepared with rice, spices and meat. Prepare this simple and easy recipe of chicken Biryani.
- Turmeric powder-1tbsp
- Red Chilly powder-1tbsp
- Meat Masala-1tbsp
- Green cardamom-3pcs
- Black cardamom-1pc
- Bay leaf-2pcs
- Star anis-1pc
- Onion paste-from 3onions
- Ginger paste-1tbsp
- Garlic paste-1tbsp
- Green Chilly paste-2tbsp
- Onion chopped-from 3-4pcs
- Mint leaf-1/2bunch
- Tomato paste-from 1tomato
- Salt-to taste
- Marinade chicken pieces with turmeric powder,red chilly powder and meat masala for half an hour.
- Soak rice for 15-20min
- In the mean time,take a pan, take oil,allow it to warm,add onion,fry till dark brown in color,prepare Beresta. This will take approx 15-20min. Keep aside.
- In pressure cooker,add the chicken and just enough water to dip the chicken pieces. Cook till 1whistle.switch off the flame. Allow the steam to come out on its own. Strain the chicken pieces and keep aside. Keep the stock to boil rice.
- In the cooker, add drained rice,cloves,green cardamom,black cardamom,cinnamon,bay leaf,star anis,2tbsp ghee. Add 11/2cup of above chicken stock.If you are short of stock,add normal water. Cook till 1whistle,switch off the flame. Let the steam come out on its own.
- Take a pan,add oil,add onion paste,garlic paste,ginger paste, tomato paste and green chilly paste,fry till oil comes out from it.Add the boiled chicken,add salt and cook till it becomes dry and chicken is cooked.
- Take a big utensil,sprinkle some oil,add chicken,then rice,then beresta,coriander,mint and ghee. Continue the layering in same way with rest of the materials.
- Cover the utensil with a foil, put on gas,put the flame to simmer for 10-15min or till rice is cooked.
- Enjoy your biryani with raita.