Shahi Tukda, dish of Nizams of Hyderabad, is a bread pudding dessert. Fried breads are dipped in hot milk, boiled with few Indian spices. Try out this simple, yet mouth watering dessert.
- Full Fat Milk-2cups
- Condensed Milk-1/2cup
- Bread(white or brown)-2pcs
- Cardamom powder-1tsp
- Saffrron- 5-6strings
- Mixed dry fruits, cut into small pieces-2tbsp
- Remove crust from all 4 sides of the bread, cut diagonally, keep aside.
- Boil milk in a heavy bottomed pan on medium flame. Once it starts boiling, lower the flame and boil for another 20-25min or till the milk becomes thick and is reduced to half. Scrap the sides of the pan, stirring occassionally.
- Add condensed milk, sugar, 1tbsp mixed nuts and saffron strings, mix. Add cardamom powder. Boil till sugar is dissolved. Switch off the flame and allow it to cool.
- In the mean time, spread little ghee on both sides of bread and place it on hot tawa.
- When one side becomes light brown (make sure it doesn’t gets burnt), flip it.
- When the other side also gets brown, place it on serving plate. pour the above rabdi on it.
- Garnish with mixed nuts and enjoy!