Chum Chum is a very popular sweet of West Benal. It is prepared from home made paneer or chenna.
- Milk, full fat-1ltr
- Lemon juice-2-3tbsp
- Mawa/Khoya- 1/4cup
- Sugar powder-2-3tbsp
- Cardamom powder- From 3-4pcs
- Pistachios, shredded-From 7-8pcs
- First we need to prepare chenna.
- Boil the milk over medium-high flame.
- Once the milk reaches boiling point, switch off the flame.
- After 1min, add lemon juice till you see green water or curd.
- Strain it in muslin cloth, wash the chenna in running cold water.
- Once all the water has drained out from chenna, take the chenna in a plate.
- With the help of your palm, knead the chenna till it becomes soft.
- Add arrowroot, and again knead well.
- Knead till arrowroot is mixed with chenna.
- In the meantime, in a pressure cooker, add water and sugar, and allow it to boil.
- Make the chena in the shape of chum chum, oval shape.
- Once the water starts boiling, add the chum chum into it.Close the pressure cooker.
- Allow 2-3whistles.
- Take out the chum chum, slit in between.keep aside till it cools down.
- In a bowl, mix mawa with cardamom powder and sugar powder.
- Put the mawa stuffing in that slit of chum chum.
- Garnish with shredded pistachios.
- In a bowl, add little sugar syrup from pressure cooker, place the chum chum.