Sandesh is a very renowned sweet of West Bengal. The main ingredient of sandesh is chenna or home made paneer. I prepared it for Raksha Bandhan. Try out this simple yet amazing recipe:
- Full fat milk-21/1ltr
- Lemon juice-1/4cup
- Coco Powder-2tsp
- Chocolate syrup or sauce-2tbsp
- Sliced Pistachios-2tbsp
- First boil the milk.
- Once the milk is boiled, switch off the flame, keep aside for 1min.
- Add lemon juice and stir the milk till you see green water.
- Once you see curd type formation, stop pouring lemon juice.
- Pour it into a muslin cloth, wash nicely with cold running water.
- Tie the cloth and hang it till all the water is gone from the chena.
- Take a plate, take chena, using your palm,knead the chena till it is soft.
- Add sugar and coco powder, knead again till all the ingredients are mixed.
- On low flame, cook the chenna mixture continuously till it starts forming a soft dough. Make sure you don’t overcook it, or else it will turn grainy in texture.
- Keep in refrigerator for 1hour.
- After 1 hour, take 1spoon of the chena mixture and make a ball out of it. Make a well type in between.
- Take an icing syringe (or any ziplock bag), pour the chocolate syrup into that well type in sandesh.
- Garnish with Pistachios.
- Again refrigerate for 3-4 hours or till you serve.