Sevaiyyan can be used both to prepare sweet dish (kheer) or salty (vermicelli) for breakfast.
Here is the easy recipe of Vermicelli
- Finely chopped Veggies-1cup
- Green Chillies-2pcs
- Mustard seed-1tsp
- Kari Patta-1tsp
- Chana Daal-1tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Dry roast the vermicelli, till the aroma comes out. Make sure it doesn’t burn or turn brown in colour.
- In a vessel, boil water, 1tsp oil.
- Once it comes to boiling point, add the roasted vermicelli.
- In the mean time, take a kadai, add oil, add mustard seed, kari patta and chana daal, fry.
- Add the chopped veggies, fry till they are cooked.
- In the mean time, strain the vermicelli once it has become soft.
- Once the veggies are fried, add the boiled vermicelli, add salt, mix.
- Serve hot with green chutney or coconut chutney. You can have it without any chutney as well!