Lassi is a blend of yogurt, water, spices and sometimes, fruit. Traditional lassi is a savoury drink, sometimes flavoured with ground and roasted cumin. (From Wikipedia).
It is a very soothing drink in summer and helps to keep your body hydrated.There are various types of lassi-
- Mild sweet(or salt) lassi, famous in Northern parts of India
- Sweet lassi, famous in Rajasthan and Gujarat
- Mango Lassi, famous in USA, UK, MAlaysia and Singapore
- Bhaang lassi, which is prepared during Holi, is famous in Uttar Pradesh, India.
Cucumber is considered to be the more healthiest fruit. Try out this simple yet soothing summer cooler.
- Cucumber-2medium pieces,cut into pieces
- Green chilly-1pc
- Salt-to taste
In a mixi jar,add all the above ingredients and grind it.
Enjoy in summer!