Kheer is a rice pudding dessert from India. It is basically a fusion of rice or vermicelli or broken wheat or even tapioca with milk, sugar, cardamom powder and some good quantity of dry fruits.
Even this will not take much of your time, serve it as a dessert after a heavy meal.
- Sevaiyan/Vermicelli- 1/4cup
- Full fat milk-500ml/2cups
- Cardamom powder-1tsp
- Dry Fruits (Cashew, Almonds,Pistachios.Raisins)-2tbsp
- Dry roast the vermicelli till it turns light brown colour
- Add milk and allow it to boil in medium to high flame.
- Once it starts boiling, reduce the flame to low
- Keep on stirring the milk, scraping from sides. Make sure the milk doesn’t gets burnt.
- Once the milk reduces to half and is little creamy, add sugar and cardamom powder.
- Mix the saffron with 1tsp of milk and add.
- Add 1tbsp of dry fruits.
- Mix till the sugar has dissolved, scraping the sides.
- Sevaiyan Kheer is ready
- You can have it chilled or hot.
- Serve it with the remaining dry fruits.